Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. Albert Einstein
We are outdoorsy people. Matthew is a cartographer and I’m a photographer, both jobs are outdoorsy. We’ve hiked mountains and jumped off cliffs together. We enjoy nature. We want our children to enjoy nature too. So here are our top five tips for raising outdoor loving kids!
- Lead by example. Don’t tell your children to go outside and play. Go outside and play with them. This seems like a no-brainer but it really does work!
- Introduce children to the outdoors while they’re very young and make it part of your family lifestyle, so that you nurture in them a long-term love for it. I know camping and hiking with young children is more work than fun right now, but it will pay off in the long run.
- Let them walk and explore. Foster independence. Put the gear in your stroller and let your young children loose. It takes a little longer with their shorter legs but they will enjoy it so much more.
- Answer questions, ask questions, look up answers, and read nature guides at bedtime. Foster that natural curiosity that all children possess.
- Be prepared. My children whine when they are hungry, thirsty or tired. Whining children make the outdoors less enjoyable for everyone. We always pack Clif Kid Zbar Filled. The Zbars make snacking made fun. Clif Kid Bars are the first and only organic, soft-baked snack bar with smooth, creamy nut butter filling. Your kids will love them. You will love them because Zbar Filled is filled with the good stuff – nutritious ingredients like oats and nut butters, certified USDA organic and non-GMO, and free from ingredients that parents are looking to avoid, like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
Learn More about Clif Kid Here!
And you should try out the Clif Kid Zbar Filled, more information here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.