This post is a partnership with Dole, but all opinions on this fresh wonderful brand are my own.
In 2017, an estimated 700,000 people attended the Rose Parade and 45.5 million people viewed the live broadcast in the United States. We are one of those families who wake up and watch! The 2018 Rose Parade is going to be even better. We are excited to see the Dole Float. Dole has been in the Rose Parade for the past 8 years and has always impressed us and the judges too. Their awards list is amazing.
Updated to add Dole Packaged Foods won the Grand Marshall award for 2018 with this stunning Float!
This year’s Rose Parade theme is amazing ‘Making a Difference’.
“‘Making a Difference,’ celebrates acts of kindness that enrich the lives of others and are a source of hope and inspiration for everyone.”
Dole’s 2018 float, “Sharing Nature’s Bounty” celebrates its passion for improving communities, the environment and its commitment to sustainability. I love that Dole “imagines a world of people leading healthy, vibrant lives, in a beautifully preserved natural environment and committed to quality, safety, environmental protection and healthier products”. After reading the description that it is “Inspired by the “circle of life” and the delicate balance of nature, Dole’s focus is on the “circle of giving” and the vital importance that we all serve as stewards of the earth” how could you not be excited for this float?
Dole isn’t just a great company because they make amazing floats, their dedication to giving families like us healthy sustainable options is second to none. We love Dole’s fruit products, including canned fruit, frozen fruit and juice. My children are fruit crazy. Dole is the industry leader in healthy foods that are convenient healthier options that are GMO free, BPA Free and packed in juice rather than high fructose corn syrup.
Dole isn’t just worried about their customers, they are involved with creating a better community for all of us. That’s why they have partnered with FOOD Share and Feeding America to provide community gardens to numerous California elementary schools. They are also partnering with high schools to fund STEM programs for our next generation of problem solvers, (BE STILL MY HEART!)
Back to that wonderful parade, who are you watching it with? I’m watching it with my children and husband. We are setting up a fun Pancake Rose Parade Wake up and Watch Party. We love excuses for parties, and the Rose Parade is such a fun one.
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1?2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1?2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-Pack of Dole Fruitocracy
- With picky kids who all eat different things. I think flavored personalized pancakes would be such a big hit. We use a classic pancake recipe but omit the tablespoons of sugar because the Dole Fruitocracy fruit pouches sweeten your pancakes naturally. Teaching these kids to make healthy choices by example is so easy with Dole.
- Mix well and separate into 3 bowls evenly. Have the children mix and match by adding ½ cup of their favorite Fruitocracy flavors! And have the best flipper at your house cook the pancakes on the griddle.
- Coconut Whipped Cream – Add 2 Fruit Bowls in Coconut Water and a cold can of unsweetened coconut milk in the mixer, mix on low for two minutes. Then turn on high speed for 7-8 minutes until peaks form.
- Dole Organics for simple beautiful fruit toppings.
- Dole Snack Bites in bowls with the labels showing. Break up the rice sticks or nut clusters for a delicious crunchy topping.
- Dole Dippers Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
My suggestion is to serve with Dole Crafted Smoothies Blends.
Thank you Dole for this amazing partnership. And thank you for all that you do for our community!
For so many other fun Dole recipes that will help you celebrate the Rose Parade and the New Year – check out this yummy website.
Happy Rose Parade Friends. Tune in on 8 a.m. PST, on Monday, January 1, 2018 on ABC, NBC, Univision, the Hallmark Channel and More!
We are watching the Rose Parade and cooking pancakes on Instagram Live & Stories on January 1st, you should join us!