Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.
Summer is normally salad season, the vegetables are fresh and local. I’m a big salad fan. I prefer a salad at night and my heavier meals during the day. Eating a large serving of fresh, raw vegetables each day can have significant health benefits. It’s such a good reason to eat salads year round.
1. Salads are full of fiber.
- Fiber helps to control blood sugar.
- Fiber intake helps with weight loss and healthy weight maintenance.
- Fiber normalizes bathroom habits.
2. Fruits & Vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals that help your body work at optimum health.
- Eat fruits and vegetables in as many different colors.
- Vitamins will protect your bones, eyes, your entire body.
- High levels of folate will protect your heart and prevent strokes.
3. Adding protein will make a salad into a compete meal.
- High quality proteins to enjoy with your greens include tofu, free range eggs, ethically caught tuna, salmon, nuts and seeds, lean chicken and turkey, free range beef and organic cheeses.
- This will keep you fuller longer and help with weight maintenance.
A Delightful Salad Recipe Round-Up
There are so many gorgeous salads on Pinterest. I’m working on an entire Pinterest board of my favorites. Have you followed me on Pinterest yet?
If you need a good salad cook book with gorgeous photos, you should look into Salad for President by Julia Sherman.