“I know it’s only rock n roll, but I like it.” – Rolling Stones
I’m starting a playlist for the boys. I want cool hip kids, no joke. I want kids I can talk to about cool stuff like awesome music. Big sister has always been introduced to cool music and guess what? We have never had a discussion about Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. So it’s the little brothers that I don’t want to forget about. I definitely don’t want them to be one of those kids who asks “Who is Pink Floyd?’ Along with counting and abcs, we are starting a school of rock in our house.
I’ve already blogged about the Beat Bugs and how awesome it is to introduce the little ones to the Beatles. But there are so many other bands to introduce. Bob Dylan, Queen, The Grateful Dead, Etta James and Ella Fitzerald – I could go on and on. I really should be food prepping for Thanksgiving for the boys, but music first. Here’s playlist number one for tomorrow Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for so much this year and good music is one of them.
Happy Thanksgiving Friends, what is on your playlist? #hipkidsplaylist
- “Wish you were here” by Pink Floyd
- “Me and Bobby McGee” by Janis Joplin
- “All Along the Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix
- “Subterranean Homesick Blues” by Bob Dylan
- “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “Rebel Rebel” by David Bowie
- “Imagine” by John Lennon
- “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty
- “Where is My Mind” by the Pixies
Rolling Stones romper from Arbor & Finn
Shenanigan tee above from the Measure.