”Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’ .”Robin Williams
Our lives can easily become so busy that it seems almost impossible to fit in family activities that build fun memories. Between work, school, extracurricular obligations or other outside-the-home responsibilities, we end up just wanting to crash at the end of a long day or week! Well, hopefully Spring Break gives you the opportunity to spend some much-needed time together before summer craziness begins!
If you’re looking forward to Spring Break with your kids like I am, consider trying some new (or old favorite) activities as a family! In our family, we tend to enjoy the mountains a lot, but if you’re a “beach family”, head on down to the beach for the week, or even a nearby lake for a couple of days! Walk the boardwalk, smell the ocean, indulge in your favorite boardwalk treat!
If you’ve been eager to plant a garden, start writing out a plan for what fruits and veggies your family would like to enjoy this year. Maybe you’d like to try planting a cut flower garden in addition to a vegetable garden. Cut flower gardens are super easy to plant and care for, and usually have quick growing timeframes.
If you’re looking to stay near home during Spring Break, perhaps your family can decide on one or two special activities to do together during Spring Break! Is there an awesome ice cream parlor or frozen yogurt place near you? Stop in and let the kids the most decadent ice cream sundae on the menu! Maybe a simple family movie night with popcorn is in order!
25 Fun Things To Do This Spring!
- Plant a garden.
- Visit a local children’s museum.
- Make a spring themed snack.
- Take a nature walk somewhere new.
- Take a day trip to a farmers market.
- Enjoy a picnic at the park.
- Explore a nearby national park.
- Take a trip to the library.
- Ride bikes to a new destination.
- Movie night at home with popcorn.
- Visit a new ice cream shop.
- See a new movie at the theater.
- Schedule a play date with friends.
- Set up the slip and slide.
- Take a trip to a zoo or farm.
- Attend a spring break day camp.
- Volunteer for a community cleanup.
- Make a spring themed craft.
- Tackle and outdoor project.
- Go to a waterpark.
- Let’s go fly a kite.
- Hit the beach.
- Attend a play or concert.
- Skip stones at a nearby pond.
- Feed ducks at the park.
- Go to a sports game.
- Climb a tree.
I’m including this cute printable chart and journal page to give you lots of cool ideas for things to do during Spring Break! I hope it helps your family have a wonderful Spring Break!
Don’t forget to download your free printable bucket list here.
What are you doing this spring?
While you are here, you should check out my friend Sandra’s Canadian Mom Blog!
Last Updated on