Both boys have been sick, I think I mentioned it in my last post but it sucks. Oli has been projectile vomiting, like Exorcist vomit. Seriously it’s not a fun week in our house at all. So today, I pulled my hair back, turned on some gangster rap and I’m scrubbing the house from top to bottom. Writing this blog and drinking coffee is my halfway done break. I still have to tackle the bathrooms. Recently I canceled my subscription to an expensive all natural cleaning product box and decided to give make your own cleaners a try. I actually love it. I do miss getting the cute box on my door once a month, but this is saving us so much money.
So this is what is in my all natural DIY non-toxic green cleaning kit.
Why Green Clean?
- Safe for your family and pets
- Saves you money
- Highly effective
- Environmentally friendly
While I’m at it, I’m cleaning up our cleaning cabinet. I bought this cute bottle on Amazon with recipes for natural cleaners that I love. You don’t need the bottle, you can use any glass bottle, just clearly mark it CLEANING Solution and keep it away from your kids. The bottle has the recipes on it and it’s convenient for me. I like just pouring the solutions in and going. I feel like a chemist too, anything to make cleaning my house more interesting right?
DIY Natural Cleaning Kit
• White vinegar – This simple solution is 5 percent acetic acid, which kills numerous strains of bacteria, including E. coli. It’s also effective in killing mold and other fungi.
• Baking soda – Great for jobs that require scouring, such as bathroom tiles.
• Lemon juice – A natural degreaser with antimicrobial properties.
• Alcohol – Great for class cleaning and electronics. Your X-box remote could use a scrubbing I promise.
• Hydrogen Peroxide – Stain remover extraordinaire! Tile grout, grass stains, carpet. It’s a good one.
• Pure essential oils – Essential oils are amazing for cleaning and they smell great. doTERRA has some great recipes on cleaning here.
• Salt – Scouring agent. Pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorize and keep grease from building up.
So there you have it folks, an inexpensive nontoxic wonderful cleaning kit! So what are you waiting for? Clean up your cleaning supplies!
For some additional all-natural nontoxic cleaning recipes.
Last Updated on