Milo is 9 months old! By 9 months the American Pediatric Association and the CDC have “has favorite toys” listed in the milestones. What a fun milestone! I don’t know about you, but I was that parent who googled “When will my baby play with me?” several times and not so patiently waited for this awesome age. By now you’ve heard about the importance of play with babies and children, if you haven’t – here’s a quick reminder –
“THE BENEFITS OF PLAY. Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. Play is important to healthy brain development. It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.” source AAP
How do you play with a baby you may ask? It’s been so long since you were a baby, I totally get it. So here are some easy tips!
- Gently clap your baby’s hands together or stretch arms (crossed, out wide, or overhead) while talking and singing to your baby.
- Gently move your baby’s legs as if pedaling a bicycle while singing a song.
- Use a favorite toy for your baby to focus on and follow, then hide it and pop it out. This one is our favorite around here. We hide Milo’s Mix and Match Caterpillar and Freddy the Firefly from Lamaze and he adorably searches for them.
Lamaze Toys are thoughtfully designed for your little one! We just love the entire line in our house. The big brother and sister even enjoy the delightful little bugs. The colors are bright and fun and the noises the toys make is just enough to entertain your baby without being startling. The thoughtful designers even included attachment rings for your stroller and diaper bag to make it so easy to take with you on the go. We had a pediatrician’s appointment a few days ago, and I’m so happy we had Freddy the Firefly with us while they were taking his temperature to distract him.
Freddie the Firefly
Keep your little one engaged and entertained for hours with the Lamaze Freddie the Firefly. This friendly bug has a soft velour body with lots of bright colors, patterns and textures to stimulate all senses. His layered wings include a peek-a-boo mirror for interactive play and multiple textures, shapes and crinkles that encourage baby to explore. Filled with features; Freddie has a squeaker, clinking rings, tethered ladybug teether and knotted antennae perfect for chewing. He has bright colors on his tummy and high-contrast black and white patterns on his back. The Lamaze clip lets you hook Freddie to strollers, carriers and diaper bags to take him along for on-the-go fun.
• Mirror play helps baby learn how to focus, track images and explore the face
• Clacking rings awaken auditory senses
• Fun jingle sound will delight and keep baby entertained, capture baby’s attention, and engage baby’s hearing
Baby can discover new sounds, colors and textures with the Lamaze Mix and Match Caterpillar. This cute caterpillar is a soft toy and color-matching puzzle all-in-one! Mix and Match Caterpillar is made up of eight separate segments that easily join together. Let baby take apart or put together the caterpillar any way they choose, or play a color matching game with baby. Give him a shake and a squeeze and baby can discover delightful squeaks and chimes. There are multi-colored ribbons, crinkly textures, knotted legs and plenty of contrasting patterns for baby to explore.
• Pull segments apart and put back together at random, or match colors!
• Crinkle squeaker for auditory and fine motor skill development
• Offers a fun way for toddlers to practice matching and color recognition
Thank you Lamaze Toys for this fun partnership!
Last Updated on