The holidays are over. School is back in session. Everyone is resolving to have a great year. I don’t know about you guys, but our family gets sick this time of year every year, worst tradition ever. I don’t know if it’s because it’s cold and flu season, or travelling germs, or just the change in the weather. But we need some extra nutrition and vitamins to ward off the sick crummy feelings. So I am excited to partner with Bob’s Red Mill® to share my favorite healthy bowl that will make you feel like a new person. New Year New You! It’s really a nutritional punch that you need right now and it’s so tasty too. It’s full of healthy ingredients like Bob’s Red Mill Organic Tricolored Quinoa, kale, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and Brussel sprouts and the richness from the egg and ricotta cheese will make you forget this is a healthy meal! This roasted veggie bowl will give you the much-needed energy to kick the cold and get back to chasing your adorable kids!
Quinoa is a whole grain superfood. Quinoa is a complete protein, making it perfect for plant-based diets. Quinoa is a gluten-free food, suitable for those following a gluten-free diet.
Kale is low in calories, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate, and magnesium.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and, due to their orange color, are high in carotenoids.
Mushrooms are the only fruit or vegetable source of vitamin D, needed in the winter months.
Brussels sprouts a good source of protein, iron, and potassium.
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Tricolor Quinoa Grain
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 cup Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 cup Brussell Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep your vegetables: Cube Sweet Potatoes, Cut Brussel Sprouts in half, Cut Mushrooms. Toss in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper and roast on the parchment for 20 mins, flipping once at 10 mins. (I like my vegetables with a little bite, add a few minutes if you like less of a bite)
- Boil your water, add Bob's quinoa and reduce heat to simmer. Bob's cooks in only 15 minutes and is pre washed. While that is simmering, lightly sauté the kale and fry your egg.
- Assemble the bowls: Scoop ½ to 1 cup of the Bob's quinoa into each bowl, the veggies, layer with ricotta and the egg. Then finish with salt pepper and balsamic.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.