This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and I received complimentary products to facilitate my post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The ladies in my family have gorgeous skin. I don’t remember my grandmother Humphrey ever wearing any makeup other than a dash of lipgloss but I remember her glowing skin and big smile. My other grandmother loves makeup but still has beautiful skin. They both taught me the importance of a proper skincare routine. My daughter Piper was blessed with that same beautiful glowing skin and it’s my turn to teach her how to take care of it. Piper has always witnessed me taking care of my skin. I may not be a good role model at everything, but I rock as a skin care role model. Wash your face morning and night, moisturize and always use sunscreen. So I’m sure this will help stress the importance of taking care of your skin to her.
Piper is a science loving tomboy. So I tailored my lesson to keep her interested. Science & Youtube. If your tween is anything like mine, you can go into the gross bacteria and oil facts and they will love it. It will make the skin discussion more memorable.
Then I took her shopping. We are Target lovers here. Target is such a happy store and it has a Starbucks. So step one is obviously to grab an Iced Chai for me and a Strawberry Frap for her. Step two is the dollar section, but lets skip to the step forty five – Health & Beauty. We looked at a few different face cleaners and I stressed the importance of OIL FREE cleansers to her. We ended up with Clean & Clear Acne Triple Clear Exfoliating Scrub for her.
- 2% salicylic acid acne medication for an invigorating, deep clean
- Cleanses and fights breakouts in 3 ways: removes bad pore clogging oil, treats breakouts while soothing skin, helps prevent future breakouts
- Formulated with non-plastic, biodegradable microbeads for a gentle, yet deep clean
- Gently exfoliates skin, while scrubbing away dirt and oil
- Gently enough for daily use and all skin types
- Soothing formula with aloe & mint
I also let my little tomboy have a lipgloss, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine in Vibrant Raspberry. I’m excited to raid her bathroom and use it too, look at all of these benefits –
- Plumps lips making them look smoother & more supples
- Creates the look of fuller lips
- Eight shades, non-sticky
While we were in Target’s Health & Beauty section, I grabbed a couple of new products for me to try.
Aveeno Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial
- A quick facial you can do in the shower 1-2 times a week to give dull, tired-looking skin a boost.
- Active Naturals Total Soy Complex helps to even skin tone and texture and Lemon Peel Extract to purify skin.
- The product works with the steam of the shower to open pores and exfoliates all traces of dirt, oil and dead skin cells, while accelerating surface cell renewal
- It also gently exfoliates skin with glycolic acid and biodegradable, naturally derived exfoliants.
- Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, oil free and dermatologist tested.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum
- Instantly absorbs to quench skin and deliver higher hydration levels for fully hydrated skin that glows day after day.
- This formula delivers refreshing hydration to address the root cause of dryness for fully hydrated skin that glows from within.
- Contains Purified Hyaluronic Acid, which is naturally found in skin and acts as a sponge for dry skin, moisturizing with up to a 1,000 times its weight in water for skin that stays smooth and supple.
- Oil-free, non-comedogenic formula.
When we got home, I walked her through each step and told her why it’s important to do morning, night and after soccer practice.
Some other Dos & Don’ts for Tween Skincare (these totally apply to you too mom)
DO – Use sunscreen daily, even on cloudy days
DON’T – Let tweens touch their face too much.
DO – Eat the rainbow and drink water. Nourish that skin inside out as well.
DON’T – scrub too hard.
DO – Change your linens & pillowcases often.
DON’T – Be afraid to ask for help or schedule a dermotologist appointment.
Thank you Target & Johnson and Johnson for this fun partnership. My skin feels ahhhhhmazing from the Aveeno Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial & Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum and I had a fun skincare adventure with my favorite little lady.
Now for the best part –
From now through the end of March, Target is offering some can’t miss in-store and Cartwheel promotions on skincare essentials from Neutrogena, Aveeno and Clean & Clear that will not only make you and your daughter’s skin glow but will save you money at the same time! And don’t forget to Download Cartwheel, such a rewarding way to save at Target!
- In-store: Neutrogena – Buy 3 Neutrogena products (skincare only), get $5 Target gift card
- Cartwheel: Aveeno – 5% off
- Cartwheel: Clean & Clear – 5% off
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Johnson & Johnson.