- Turn on your cleaning playlist, I personally love 90s rap music to clean. But my family has to help and they don’t understand my love for Biggie or Tupac. So we stick with Beyonce and the Beatles.
- Use green cleaning products! Contrary to popular beliefs, green products aren’t crazy expensive. All you really need is vinegar, baking soda, and a good castille soap. Glass: Mix 1/4 cup vinegar with 1 quart of water in a spray bottle. Countertops and bathroom tile: Mix 2 parts vinegar and 1 part baking soda with 4 parts water. Tub & Toilet bowl: Sprinkle a toilet brush with baking soda and scrub away! Mold and mildew: Wipe with straight vinegar.
- Open all of the windows and doors! Fresh air is wonderful!
- Add a little greenery. Install a living air filter—houseplants! Read my post on houseplant safety with children here.
- De-clutter. Go through those toys and clothing and donate. Upcycle the old tshirts and clothing that isn’t worth donating into wash cloths. Filed your taxes already? Good – clean out that mail bin too. Don’t forget about your fridge, expiration dates matter.
- Get a good broom. Sweep under everything. Move all of the furniture and sweep all of the winter dust bunnies out those open doors. We partnered with The Libman Company for this post. I love their Precision Angle Broom. It easily reaches under cabinets and tight corners. It’s also great for getting spider webs that in corners that I can’t reach and dusting off baseboards. Libman has guaranteed quality construction, longer life, and is environmentally friendly and made from fiber from recycled PET bottles. You can use this broom indoors or outdoors. I left ours outside one evening and witnessed the cutest game of Harry Potter Quiddich.
To enter The Libman Company’s Pinterest sweepstakes, follow The Libman Company on Pinterest and re-pin from their sweepstakes-specific board. Create a “Spring Cleaning Toolkit” using images of The Libman Company’s products and Spring cleaning tips from the pinboard, and then enter your information on The Libman Company’s Facebook page. Invite your friends to enter as well!
Prize: 5 winners will receive a “Spring Cleaning Toolkit” comprised of Libman products, and one additional winner will receive a prize package plus a $1,000 cash prize.