Matthew & I met in the Caribbean and our first island home together had an avocado tree. It was so nice to walk outside and pick an avocado for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of Piper’s first meals were from that tree. Avocados are so good for children, the essential fatty acids are amazing for their little brains! They are pretty good for us adults too.
Just one serving of avocado contains the following:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
- Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
And avocados make one of my most favorite foods ever GUACAMOLE!
Being from Texas, I grew up with guacamole made table side at some of the most amazing Mexican restaurants. I loved it so much, I would almost always fill up on Guacamole before whatever meal I ordered even arrived at our table. I get a happy nostalgic feeling just thinking about guacamole. I’m going to give you our go to meatless monday / taco tuesday leftover meal that tastes amazing with Guacamole on it.
I know how to make guacamole, but I’m a busy mom of three. I was excited to work with Good Foods. Good Foods makes an amazing Tableside Guacamole, that is always fresh and never heated. Growing up with amazing Mexican food, this rates right up there. It’s incredibly fresh and bright tasting. It’s made without any artificial ingredients—just the good stuff, so you can feel good about feeding this to your family.
This is our go to veggie taco recipe, it’s often substituted with whatever veggie needs to be cooked in our kitchen. Sweet potatoes subbed for the zucchini is absolutely amazing. We grocery shop at the Publix by our house and they carry this entire list, including the entire Good Foods line. It’s located by the fresh salsas in the produce department.
- Olive oil
- Zucchini and Squash
- white corn
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- ground cumin
- ground oregano
- 1 small to medium tomato, chopped
- corn tortillas
- Good Foods Tableside Guacamole
- lemon or lime
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add all of the veggies except the tomato to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and cumin. Stir to coat the vegetables with the oil in the pan. Spread the veggies out in the pan and then stir only occasionally, until they are all lightly browned. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and oregano, lower the heat to low. Let gently cook for a minute or two while you are preparing the tortillas. Put the tortillas on a skillet on medium heat and flip after 30 seconds. Pile your warm tortilla with the veggie mix, top with cilantro and Good Foods Tables Guacamole.
Oli liked the GOODFOODS Tableside Chunky Guacamole so much, he dumped everything out and licked it off the corn tortilla, that’s my boy!